DCFemTech is piloting a new initiative to help member groups and the broader women in tech community run their events. To that end, DCFemTech will make contributions of up to $500 to cover the cost of food or other essentials.
To be eligible to receive money in support of the event, an event must be:
- Aligned with the DCFemTech mission of lowering the barriers to entry for women in tech or empowering women to grow their tech careers
- Has a Code of Conduct
- Is being run by women and nonbinary people in tech for the benefit of women and nonbinary people in tech
- Preference will be given to organizers who have not already received money in the same quarter
Examples of events
Events that we would like to sponsor include:
- Panel discussions
- Workshops on specific tech topics
- Wikipedia edit-a-thons
- General-interest career growth and professional development workshops and discussions (for example, topics on salary negotiation, resume review, interview preparation, public speaking, etc)
How to request money
Send an email to [email protected] with the subject line “Grant Request.” Please include 1-2 paragraphs describing your event, the amount of money you are requesting, and what it will enable you to do. Be sure to include logistical details about your event (when and where it is) and enough information for us to determine eligibility.